Monday, April 29, 2013

Afterword


Dodson's afterward was very much a reflection and summary of what his entire book entailed. He synthesized many of his main points down into a sentence or two and made his final remarks. Much of his afterword was his own thoughts on the status of China. He closes with a very matter-of-fact synopsis of where China currently stands. Dodson's afterword compares with my conclusion in that it revisits the original concept and aim for the writing. Dodson's afterword also in many ways shows the reader why his writing is relevant. He clearly highlights what a growing power China is becoming which in itself displays the importance in understanding China more deeply. The personal aspect of my conclusion is where it differs from Dodson's afterward, in my conclusion I spoke a significant amount about what my research meant to be, whereas Dodson keeps his closing remarks more factual. Overall, both Dodson's afterword and my conclusion aim to regroup after presenting the reader with extensive information on one main topic. Both also strive to make the reader understand why what they have read is relevant and beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment