Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ch. 10


From what Dodson sad about China, I got the impression that they are very full of themselves and don’t think that they ever do anything wrong.  The whole Spy Plane Incident is rather ridiculous and kind of reminded me of a cat when they don’t make it to where they are trying to jump and end up falling, walking away, and start grooming themselves playing the while thing off like nothing went wrong.  From Dodson’s telling of this story is obvious that Lieutenant Commander Wang Wei made a mistake, but China doesn’t want to admit that and tries to put the blame on the US.   Also the television programs kind of gave me the impression that China thinks they are perfect because the programs mentioned are all about how China has been wronged by others, never something they themselves did wrong.  The, I just got confused on the logic behind them having the most cultivated language just because it’s difficult to learn. 
            So from the way I read this chapter, Dodson is saying that China basically thinks they are perfect and can do no wrong.  I have no idea if this is true or not, I would need to read more about Chinese culture and they way they have reacted to other situations where they are at fault.   

No comments:

Post a Comment