Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chapter 10

I think that the Chinese attitude toward other civilizations can really be summed up as general distain. I feel that this kind of petty thinking really hinders how China is able to even operate within itself! The fact that it seems universal within the general public to hate everything that is not only Chinese really does make me mad. It is not an understandable behavior - even in people we may know casually or formally - and it is defiantly exasperated in the scope of an entire country. The fact that the Chinese people really feel that their county has always been on the short end of the stick is really bluntly just immature.
I think that the entire country and her people honking hat they are weak enough to have always been bullied is kind of a silly stance, especially if it was thought up by the government itself.
I think the best story Dodson told that illustrated this point was the story surrounding he Tiniman Square incident. Granted that this was a situation that the government had wanted to keep quiet, I still feel that the people took it to a whole new level. They wanted to silence one of their own just because she was brave enough to act out about the things that she saw taking place. However, I think that with how much the government knows about hanging together versus hanging separately, they were able to effectively divide their public - however the majority of the people were still on the side of the government. Overall, I do not think that the Chinese people are stupid, however I do believe their thinking is outdated in a very unnecessary way.

No comments:

Post a Comment