Monday, April 29, 2013

Dodson Afterword Response

Dodson's conclusion, when compared to the one we are to be writing for our braided essay, seems much more like a business closure rather than a wrap up. Indeed, it somewhat sums up what the entire book was supposed to mean, as well as the implications of the trends he had outlined upon the world, it does seem to have a slight disconnect to our own conclusion statements. I suppose they are similar in that they both wrap up the works they proceed, and both consider the weight of the writing against the greater public, but I feel like my own carries more personal reflection than it does business and global reflection as the conclusion written by Dodson does. Dodson leaves too much of a business like flavor in my mouth upon reading the afterword, which is something I want to avoid in my own conclusion. In my writing, I hope to inspire something more akin to an emotional reaction- something to speak not to the head and global awareness, but a more central introspective feeling in regards to something global. I suppose in that, Dodson's conclusion and my own are very similar, yet just as different.

No comments:

Post a Comment